My music collection is large and varied, and most of my big stories (and a few of my smaller ones) get a playlist as a mood-setter/thematic guide.
The original plan was to make a playlist for Leo and Stuart with music from the 60s and 70s, but I couldn’t find much music from that period that expressed what I wanted to say about them. Some of the more obscure selections from my collection, though–they worked just fine.
(There are no links to mp3s in this entry. You’re on your own with that.)
* Guess How Much I Love You, the Lucksmiths
* Love Song, Scott Clifton
* All I Need, Mat Kearney
* If You Need a Reason, Mason Jennings
* Drive, Melissa Ferrick
* I Know, Fiona Apple
* Star Me Kitten, REM
* I Walk the Line, Johnny Cash
* PS You Rock My World, the Eels
* Somtimes, Gabrielle
* Question, Old 97s
* I’m Yours, Jason Mraz
* I’ll Love You Till My Veins Explode, the Paper Cranes