Continuing the theme of the everyman-who-is-more-than-he-seems, Arthur Darvill as Rory. This is what you’re missing if you’re not watching the current series of Doctor Who. (On hiatus until September.)
Things that are awesome about Rory:
|One more to grow on.|
- He’s a nurse.
- He lets Amy be exactly who she is.
- He cried the first time he held his daughter.
- He guarded Amy while she was locked in a box for 2000 years. (It’s science fiction. Just go with it.)
- He and Amy have a remarkably active, varied and healthy sex life for a married couple on a family show.
- A lot of romantic couples will say “I’ll do anything for you.” With Rory, you can actually believe it.
- When Amy thinks of delight, she thinks of him.
I don’t know much about Arthur Darvill himself, but the fact that he embodies Rory so perfectly is enough to start with.
3 thoughts on “eye candy: Arthur Darvill”
Oh yes! This guy rocks :)When I found out the title of the last episode was 'A Good Man goes to War' I was sure they meant Rory.
Rory! Yes! Everything you said! He is an awesome character. And he's nearly over The Doctor referring to him as Rory Pond. 😉 madder_badder
@Sarah, this series had made me love River and adore Rory. So much fun.@Madder, I almost put "Rory Pond" in the commentary, but since the credits don't give him a last name either I'm just going to let him stand as Rory too.